Mold vs. Mildew
Mold and Mildew are fungi that develop due to excessive, unchecked moisture in confined spaces, especially in damp areas with water damage. Though related, Mold and Mildew are different microorganisms that grow differently and must be treated differently.
Safely eradicating Mold and Mildew is crucial to keeping you safe and your home in good shape.
Mildew can harm the food it grows on, but it doesn’t typically leave lasting damage to other surfaces, such as tile floors or bathroom mirrors. Additionally, anyone who inhales mildew spores may start coughing, get a headache or have trouble breathing, so that this fungus can present some health issues.
However, Mold tends to be more serious. Mold can damage entire structures, including homes and vehicles, and it can cause long-term health problems for people. Mold can cause health effects. In addition, anyone who has a mold allergy may experience congestion, sneezing, and irritation of the eyes, throat, and skin.
Mildew is typically white, gray, or yellow and grows on the surface of moist, warm areas. Its texture is fluffy or powdery.
Mold tends to be green or black, and it usually grows underneath the surface of anything that has gotten wet. Its texture can be fuzzy or slimy.
To treat Mildew, you can use standard household cleaning products and brushwork, which exists on surfaces. Once a fungus has been identified as Mold, however, it’s essential to establish what kind of Mold it is because the procedure for removing it varies depending on the type. Most of them require hiring a mold removal professional to regain the hygienic air quality in your home.
Remember, SERVPRO of Grand Routt & Rio Blanco is ready to assist you with Mold remediation and help you get back to normal. Getting your home or business back to preloss condition as quickly as possible is our number one priority. We are a 24/7 emergency response, call us today at 970-457-1449.